Will you join our crew and take One More Step with us?
Phil Haydon lives with post-traumatic epilepsy caused by a childhood accident. He initially struggled but gradually managed to apply himself and currently runs an active laboratory at Tufts University School of Medicine, researching a range of neurological disorders, including epilepsy. Now, Phil wants to give back to the community.
Beginning in 2021, Phil is going to sail around the world to:
- inspire people with epilepsy;
- raise awareness for those with epilepsy;
- raise funds to support research into the causes of intractable epilepsy,
- and to educate the population about epilepsy.
We want you to follow his journey, as he prepares for this voyage and as he navigates the oceans of the world.
Phil and those joining him onboard will be posting photos, videos, and blogs as they circumnavigate the globe. We’re planning multiple port stops during the voyage, to engage with local people living with epilepsy, their families, and their caregivers.
We hope that this will inspire you take your own personal voyage. We want you to ask yourself, is there something additional that I can do to live a fuller life? Are you able to do something to improve your quality of life? Can you take one extra step to do something you haven’t done before, with the necessary guardrails in place?
Taking One More Step
- Decide to take One More Step
- Define a realistic goal
- Identify challenges you’ll face working towards your goal (practical and medical)
- Talk with your support team (physician, caregiver, family) about appropriate guardrails for safety
- Begin your personal voyage