This summer, we’re kicking off our multi-year global voyage with the East Coast Expedition. Starting on August 19th, we’ll sail as far north as Portland ME and as far south as Annapolis MD, with a total of five port stops. While on shore, we’ll meet with local epilepsy warriors and celebrate all that those living with epilepsy can accomplish – including sailing the oceans of the world!
Meet Phil, hear about the Sail For Epilepsy mission to inspire those living with epilepsy to live their fullest lives possible, and participate in empowering family-fun nautical workshops for all ages and abilities.
- Connect with other members of the local epilepsy community
- In select ports, view the boat Phil is using for sail training
- Learn how to tie knots that Phil and his crew use while sailing
- Help make a flag that will be flown from the boat while underway
- Learn how stars are used for navigation
- Become a Virtual Shipmate – have your name added to the hull of the boat!
How to Register
Hosted with Epilepsy Foundation New England:
- August 19th: Newport, RI (FREE! Click here to learn more and to register)
- August 28th: Portland, ME (FREE! Click here to learn more and to register)
- September 4th: Sunset Cruise in Boston, MA (FREE! Click here to learn more and to register)
Hosted with Epilepsy Foundation Eastern Pennsylvania
& Paul’s Purple Warriors:
- September 11th: Philadelphia, PA (Free for Epilepsy Warriors! Click here to learn more and to register)
Hosted with Epilepsy Foundation Maryland:
- September 18th: Annapolis, MD (Free for Epilepsy Warriors! click here to learn more and to register)
If you can’t join us in person, then you can follow the journey as Phil and his crew sails between each port stop. They will be sending in blogs, photos, and videos to be posted on this website and on social media. Phil will also be connecting via live video with some of our Virtual Shipmates while offshore.
The East Coast Expedition is sponsored in part by: